How do bodybuilders, fitness models and figure competitors eat to get so ripped?
There are no “celebrity weight loss secrets”. It’s all about hard work in the gym and discipline when it comes to food. But what does it mean? Another fad diet? Fast weight loss diet? No carbs? Calorie restriction? Days at the gym lifting heavy weights? Bodybuilders, fitness models and the like eat much more calories that people realize. Instead of starving the weight off, which only works for people under 22, the best way to burn fat is to stimulate the metabolism through a regimented eating plan. That’s a big mistake. The body goes into a famine mode where it starts storing anything they do eat and convert it into fat for survival.
Here are 10 tips to jump-start the new YOU.
1. Eat every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism. This will allow your body to maintain lower body fat and higher muscle tissue.
2. Eat breakfast as soon as you wake up every day. The best breakfast in egg whites and oatmeal and stop eating cereal or processed fatty foods.
3. Grill, broil and steam your meat instead of frying and sauteéing. Stick with white meat and fish, 95% or leaner beef and use seasonings instead of condiments.
4. Have at least 3 serving of vegetables per day for fiber and satiety. They not only help with fiber and better digestion, but will also contribute to clear skin and healthy hair.
5. Pick foods like look great. Remember that lean protein feeds lean muscle, fat feeds fat; manufactured foods oare mostly stored as fat, the human body does not recognize them.
6. Don’t skip on carbs. Carbs give you bursts of energy, so choose them carefully. Opt for whole grains, traditional rice (not quick recipes), pastas and potatoes.
7. Say NO to alcohol. It’s not good for you anyway, so why drink. Note: Alcohol is extraordinarily fattening and should be avoided while trying to lose bodyfat.
8. Sugar free jello is essential to satisfy sweets cravings.
9. Drink 100 oz of water daily. Drink between meals and especially during your workouts
10. Don’t eat within 3 hours of going to sleep.
Everyone needs an individual plan to fat loss. Contact a professional to design a custom meal program based on your body composition and monitor your progress.