Los Angeles Boxing with High Performance Personal Training
Learn to Box!
It’s not so much that you want to train to box or to be a boxer. You want to train like a boxer. If you want to lose weight and achieve a tough, lean, strong body, boxing training can deliver that. It does require dedication and hard work though. You have to be serious. Our personal, one-on-one trainer is your coach to motivate you to fight through the burn, crank out those combinations and home your strength, coordination and endurance.
Your High Performance Trainer will show you the ropes (and gloves, heavy bag, jumprope and all the rest). You will train just real competitive boxers do to achieve amazing speed and endurance.
- A boxing workout can burn up to 650 calories in an hour. This is more than lifting weights, dancing, or low-impact aerobics.
- Boxing training does include high impact cardio, running, and weight training all of which burn a lot of calories.
- Boxing training requires sleep and nutrition. We will provide you with a complete lifestyle plan that includes diet, vitamins, sleep tips and everything you need outside of the session to succeed.
- The best boxing training recreates the demands of the ring. Your High Performance Trainer may organize your workout into intervals, timed like the rounds in a professional fight. One interval may be fast sit ups, push ups, or squats with short intervals between sets. Another may be a workout with a punching bag at high intensity in bursts of three minutes with one minute intervals between.
- The punching bag is at the core of boxing training. You will learn to properly wrap your hands to protect your wrists and fingers. You will learn how to punch. Then you will build strength, stamina and speed working out at the heavy bag, a standing bag or the speed bag. The punching bag is a great stress reliever and really works the upper body and shoulder muscles.
- Skipping rope is an old boxing tradition. It is a vital part of boxing training, improving balance and coordination. You might skip rope for three minute intervals with one-minute rests. You can jump using both feet. You can also jump rope using one foot, keeping the other foot off the ground. You can alternate feet. You can “double dutch,” like the kids by turning the rope twice for each jump.
Your High Performance Boxing trainer Los Angeles can be portable. We recommend training in our well equipped gym, but we offer in home training if it fits your needs.
This is serious fitness training. Jason Kozma is a former Mr. America and has spent a life time in pursuit of physical development and body building. He has accumulated a team of Los Angeles’ finest fitness professionals to share their experience with you.
Contact us to talk about your fitness needs. Boxing training may be just the perfect fit for you.
Top 6 Benefits of Boxing
- Weight Loss & Toning: Each hour of boxer training can burn about 500-1000 calories depending on the intensity of the workout. In addition, training will help you build lean muscle and increase endurance.
- Stress Relief: Ever hear of “runner’s high”? The same rings true for boxing. The cardio involved in boxer training releases chemicals in your body that are deemed natural mood enhancers which effectively relieve stress.
- Build Strength: Boxing training is a full body workout which combines both cardio and strength training; making it a very effective full body workout.
- Anger Management: Boxing is a healthy way to release pent up anger; allowing you to step back and relax after before you hit your boiling point.
- Heart Healthy: The high intensity cardio of a boxing workout session improves heart function and actually helps build stronger heart muscles.
- Self Defense: Once you begin the boxing workout, your trainer will help you hone your combat skills. These skills are priceless in a bad situation. If the need ever arises, you will be calm, cool, and collected knowing you have the training to defend yourself.
Boxing is fun, burns tons of calories and builds great endurance, core and functional strength!
Boxing, at any level, is a sport which improves both mental and physical fitness. As a full body sport, you will use every major muscle during a boxing workout, but it also takes extreme focus, strategic skill, and strong will to execute flawless moves and deliver powerful punches.
High Performance Personal Training’s Los Angeles Boxing Training sessions are no different. Using traditional and new school techniques, your trainer will help you develop coordination, speed and power like a real boxer. If you are interested in learning more about High Performance Personal Training’s Los Angeles Boxing, please contact us.
Are you an athlete? Check out the Sport Specific Training page for sports performance enhancement!
Los Angeles Boxing
is located in Santa Monica, conveniently adjacent and easily accessible for residents of Brentwood, Westwood, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, West Los Angeles, Venice, Mar Vista, Marina del Rey, Playa Vista, Playa del Rey, Century City, Bel Air and Beverly Hills.