The holidays are long gone. New Year’s resolutions are long forgotten. And we are once again lamenting that those “extra ten pounds” just won’t go away. LA health and fitness expert Jason Kozma says he gets more questions on losing the last 10 pounds than on any other fitness-related subject. “Losing the last ten pounds is very possible,” he says. “It’s just most people don’t want to hear that it takes a combination of diet and exercise to get rid that extra fat.”
Kozma who sculpted the bodies of athletes and celebrities, says just working out in the gym won’t do the trick. “You won’t fit into that magical number jean size you’ve always wanted or minimize a ‘problem’ area by spending an hour a day on a treadmill.” Kozma explains that losing weight and getting a toned body is a process and that a proper diet is the key to getting into that hot little black dress.
Kozma has been motivating people for over a decade and offers 10 tips on losing the last 10 pounds faster.
- Don’t skip your meals and especially breakfast. “You have to jump-start your metabolism, so your fat burns faster,” says Kozma.
- Log your food. That will make you aware your eating habits. “My clients are always surprised how much more they actually consume once they look at their logs,” Kozma explains.
- Look through your logs and see where you could make different choices. Small changes can go a long way to losing the last ten pounds and those small changes will add up quickly.
- Eat every 3 hours.
- Eating 5-6 times a day will maximize your energy and stabilize your blood sugar so you won’t be hungry.
- Eat foods that will optimize your metabolism like high fiber foods, low fat foods, and lean proteins.
- Eat your carbs early in the day so your body gets a chance to burn them.
- Make working out a priority.
- Take a “before” picture of yourself and put it in a visible place. “Having that ‘before’ photo is a huge motivation to stick to your plan,” says Kozma.
- Just do it! “Nike put it brilliantly,” points out Kozma. Consistency is the secret to a lean body. It’s the single ingredient that keeps people from reaching their goals. Nutrition, cardio and weight training when done consistently are guaranteed to bring you success. No diets, no tricks or trendy exercises will do that.
He says that selecting the right personal trainer who can help monitor the progress is as important as sticking to the plan. Having an expert like Kozma to navigate the diet and exercise landscape can make the difference between baring your shoulders at your high school reunion or not making it and faking a cold. To schedule your interview with Jason Kozma, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 Ways To Speed Up Your Results
You have been working out consistently and eating right, yet results aren’t coming as they used to. When you start exercising after being in a sedentary state for so long, results are immediate and apparent. After months and month of performing the same routine over again, the body will actually get used to the workout and slowly stop showing results. When this occurs, there are three methods you can use in order to start kicking up your results.
#1: Do Exercises with Complex Movements.
Try not to choose exercises that target only one joint. These are known as isolation exercises and should be limited for now. Isolation exercises that you may be in your workout plan include bicep curls, triceps extensions, hamstring curls, and crunches. Complex movements are exercises that use several various muscles at once while will work the body and increase the production of fat burning hormones. Complex movements are basically exercises that are mixed together, such as doing shoulder presses with a squat in between each repetition.
#2: Perform Exercises Slower.
When exercising, the goal isn’t to finish as fast as you can. Rushing through your workout can have negative effects and can be quite counterproductive. The main concern here is the speed in which you lower a weight when weight lifting. Lowering the weight is actually more important that lifting it. Make sure to put your full focus in lowering the weight in order to get the full effects from the negative contraction.
#3: Active Rest and Drop Set Exercises.
Even though you are resting in between sets, you are only resting a specific part of your body. Other muscle groups can be working out during your thirty second to one minute rest period. Cardio exercises such as shadow boxing and mountain climbers are perfect to do as an active rest period. During your final set, it may also be good to what is known as a drop set. A drop set is a form of active rest that builds your muscle strength as well as endurance, which naturally leads to an increased fat burning process. It can only be done when you do a one set to failure weight lifting exercise. When you workout to the point of exhaustion, drop the weight by about eighty percent and do it again. You can even drop the weight as many times as your body can handle it.
By utilizing the methods above, you will definitely start to see results show once again. Another method you could do would be to consult with a personal trainer who will know exactly which strategies you should use as well as provide you with their own personal methods that you may not find anywhere else. Our Personal training in Los Angeles is growing more popular every day, and the reason that is happening is because of the fact our personal trainers know exactly how to get you to your goal quickly and effectively.
Bounus Tip: Start Now!
Exercise consistently! Every health study in the world talks about the benefits of consistent exercise. You don’t need me to tell you to get up off the couch and get moving. But I will anyway. Get up and get going! Walk, run, bike, skate, hike, swim or surf. Lift weights. Stretch. Breathe. Move. Get out of the house and get to the gym, yoga studio, spin studio, hell, even the dance studio. Get your body moving, get your heart pumping, get sweaty. Kick up your metabolism, build up your endurance and get in shape. The first step is the hardest.
Bonus Tip: Ask for My Help
I’m here to help! Feel free to ask, that is. I’m happy to share some of my favorite tips with my clients, friends and fans. But all the tips in the world won’t necessarily give you the motivation you need to get in shape and feel great about yourself. Email me today to create a great, motivational workout and nutrition plan that’s right for you. My trainers and I will work with you to get you the body you’ve always wanted. If you’re not in Southern California, no sweat! I have a great online personal training program I’ll tailor to your specific needs. We’ll be in touch via 21st century communications – text, phone, internet, Skype, whatever it takes to get you in shape. Call me today. What have you got to lose except the extra inches?
Personal Trainer Locations
- Santa Monica Personal Trainers
- West Los Angeles Personal Trainer
- Westwood Personal Trainer
- Beverly Hills Personal Trainer
- Marina del Rey Personal Trainer
- Mar Vista Personal Trainer
- Pacific Palisades Personal Trainer
- Woodland Hills Personal Trainer
- Los Angeles Boot Camp
- Los Angeles Sport Specific Training
- Malibu Personal Trainer
- Venice Personal Trainer
- Senior Fitness Los Angeles
- Celebrity Personal Trainer
- Hollywood Personal Trainer
- West Hollywood Personal Trainer
- Encino Personal Trainer
- San Gabriel Valley Personal Trainer
- South Bay Personal Trainer
- Manhattan Beach Personal Trainer
- Pasadena Personal Trainer
- El Segundo Personal Trainer
- In home Personal Trainer
- Female Personal Trainer Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Bodybuilding
- Encino Personal Trainer
- North Hollywood Personal Trainer