Bikini Body Workout Secrets
You say you want a bikini body, but do you really know what your goals are? Do you want to fit into your skinny jeans or do you want to get fit? “It’s important to have answers to these questions,” says Los Angeles based celebrity and women’s fitness trainer Jason Kozma. Kozma who sculpted the bodies of many in the spotlight as well as achieved the title of Mr. America, says most people mistakenly believe that “losing weight” is the way to go. “It’s not about the number on the scale, it’s about inches around your waist, hips, chest,” he points out. “It’s also about your body fat ratio.”
“But it’s all so confusing!” you say. “Low carb, low fat, high protein… every month there is something new! “How do I know what to eat?” “Weight loss is all about “calories in” and “calories out,”” says Kozma. He says fad diets don’t nurture the body and help you get the bikini shape you want. “The studies that appear often in the headlines usually measure the number of pounds lost and not the pounds of fat versus muscle,” he says. “That’s one of the reasons you see people who are considered ‘thin’ where they are in fact malnourished.”
LA Trainer Jason Kozma’s no-fail women’s fitness programs helps novices as well as those who have tried it all. If you want to lose the unwanted fat, tone the body and triple your energy read on. Kozma will tell you how to calculate calories, measure portions, how to choose foods that will help you lose weight, and what to look for when shopping in your local grocery store. In no time, he will help you get real results, whether you want to drop a size, get bikini-ready fast, or make over your entire body from head to toe.
Here are Kozma’s five women’s fitness tips of getting started:
- Build Strong Bones and Muscles
Kozma believes in hoisting hefty weights during high-intensity workouts.
- Focus on Yourself
“It’s important to feel your body,” says Kozma. “Spend every minute in the gym effectively, you can socialize after workouts.”
- Swing into Action
If you can’t make it to the gym, take a walk, run on the beach or even clean your apartment.
- Be a Fit Mom
”Having a baby is no longer an excuse for extra fat,” says Kozma. Just take one look at the celebrity moms, who show-off their babies as well as their tones glutes and shoulders. “Do lots and lots of lunges with shoulder presses,” says Kozma . “Have your toddler stand in for some dumbbells.”
- Log On for Success
Kozma will share with you the same workout advice as he gives celebrities and athletes at High Performance Personal Training, which also offers experts advice on everything from women’s fitness to weight loss to walking.
Deena Russo, High Performance Personal Trainer
Living and working in Los Angeles can be a lot of hustle and bustle and can make us feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Stress is proven to be bad for your health. Negative side effects of stress include difficulty getting to and staying asleep, elevated blood pressure, over the long term it can damage heart health, plus it can cause depression and moodiness.
There are several effective methods to reduce stress.
The best plan is to find a way to move your body and get the endorphins going in your brain. Endorphins are natural hormones in your body that are released when doing physical exercise and are a natural mood-elevator. Many people get a double benefit working out in nature because the environment makes them feel good while the workout makes them feel more energetic and strong. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise program. It’s important to balance your mental and physical health.
10 Ways To De-Stress
1) Write a list of all the holiday preparations and a shopping list. Prioritize and check off as you go.
2) Spend at least 3 minutes a day closing your eyes and visualizing a peaceful holiday season and everything going exactly as you want it to go. See yourself organized and calm and not being affected by anything stressful. Athletes use visualization to score goals and it is a very effective tool.
3) Treat yourself to new tennis shoes or sneakers. Make sure they are very supportive for impact and get a color that’s fun and attractive.
4) Put on music that makes you want to move.
5) Stretch your body from head to toe on a supportive mat and breathe into each stretch. As you exhale, relax into the stretch. Hold the stretches, don’t bounce. Doing this in nature is a lovely way to incorporate fresh air and the beauty around you. I know when I train people in a beautiful natural environment it always puts a smile on their face.
6) Go for a power-walk and work into a jog if you are able to do so. If you have limitations with your body and jogging doesn’t feel good to you, a brisk power walk will help to warm up your body and prepare you for strength and conditioning exercises. It also is a great form of cardiovascular exercise and will help to burn fat. Another good choice is an exercise bike, which is easier on the joints for those of you who prefer this form of exercise.
7) Get someone to motivate you and keep you consistent. A knowledgeable personal trainer will help you to do strength, cardio and flexibility exercises correctly and safely and put a plan together for you for optimal results.
8) Learn to eat the right food that will give you more energy. If losing weight is a goal, you will need a personalized nutritional plan to lose weight and keep it off during the holidays. People who aren’t mindful during these festivities tend to pack on pounds. This doesn’t mean you have to be deprived of enjoying the holidays, you just need to learn how to make good choices.
9) Write your workouts in your datebook because it is an important appointment you make with yourself for your mental and physical well being.
10) Treat yourself to a holiday gift as a reward for taking care of yourself.
Working out can act as a natural anti-depressant. The confidence you get from feeling fit and strong is priceless. You have more to give to everyone else when you are mentally and physically strong. Some other ways of eliminating stress are reading, playing games, crossword puzzles, listening to music, playing an instrument, cooking, meditation, watching funny movies and chatting with friends. Make a list of ways that help you to feel relaxed and happy and start incorporating these in your life.
Belly Fat is Bad
Accumulated fat around the midsection puts pressure on the organs and puts you at risk for high blood pressure and heart disease. This fat creates hormones that are bad for your health.
Accumulation of fat around the midsection will likely happen naturally unless you do something about it. Of course genetics have a role, but we’ve seen that diet is paramount in how your body looks feels and functions.
Here’s how to avoid or eliminate abdominal fat:
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption
- Reduce or eliminate trans fat consumption: this is from processed junk foods like cookies and chips and the like.
- Reduce or eliminate processed sugar: this includes sodas and high fructose corn syrup which is in pretty much all manufactured foods.
- Reduce or eliminate white refined grains like white bread.
- Of course you need a rigorous and regular exercise routine. That’s what personal trainers are for.
Exercise is a key factor in losing weight, but the foods you use as fuel is responsible for how efficient your exercises will be as well as how much fat is being stored in your body. The main problem people face when deciding to eat healthier is their sweet tooth.
Having a sweet tooth simply means you have a strong craving for sugary substances, whether from food or beverages. It is an unfortunate truth that people who succumb to their sweet tooth end up gaining significantly more fat than others. This isn’t only because of the fat gained by sugar, but also because of the fact sugar consumption drains one’s energy. It makes it harder for one to exercise after the sugar crash. Below are the top three “sweet treats traps” you should avoid in order to start shedding those extra pounds.
Top 3 Sweet Tooth Treats To Avoid
Sweet Treat Trap #1: Soda
Soda is one of the most popular drinks in the United States. By consuming one can of soda, your body is getting 40 grams of sugar, which is roughly 10 small packets of sugar that you would see at a restaurant or fast food business. That is only from one can. People who drink soda tend to have one after another which can lead to problems such as obesity or diabetes. Instead, replace soda with water.
Sweet Treat Trap #2: Baked Foods
Delicious baked goods like cake, cookies, and pies sound like a great idea for dessert, but only every once in awhile and not every single night. Eating pastry foods will increase your blood sugar to a very unhealthy level as well as a larger producer of fat than soda. All of your carbohydrates during your fat loss program should be natural complex carbohydrates like oatmeal, rice, potatoes and the like. No bread, pasta or pastries!
Sweet Treat Trap #3: Candy
Candy is a major cause of fat gain due to all of the refined sugar within it. Eating candy can become a habit to some, a very bad habit that should be stopped. A good replacement for candy would be something you can pop into your mouth every now and then, like unsalted nuts or butter-free popcorn.
Now imagine eating candy throughout the day while sipping on soda, only to end the day with a large piece of cake and a bowl of ice cream. That is absolutely one of the best ways to gain fat! As you can see, in order to lose weight you may just have to pull out that sweet tooth (not literally). By eating a healthier diet and consuming the right fuel, working out will be extremely easy for your body and you may even find it fun. Once you completely eliminate all of that refined sugar from your body you will definitely slim down and feel better than ever as well.
I’m here to help you meet your weight loss and fitness goals.
Contact me today to get started on a fitness training program that will have your belly flatter than ever.
by Jason Kozma