Personal Trainer Pasadena CA
Personal Trainer in Pasadena CA
Meet Sharon – Personal Trainer in Pasadena
I grew up in an Italian, Catholic family in Dumont, NJ. I was the middle child among six other siblings. It was quite an adventure and truly I wouldn’t have missed it for the world!
Even though it was sometimes difficult to get the individual attention, I knew how fortunate I was to have built-in sibling playmates and a mom and dad who cherished each other, and us. My nurturing qualities were passed on to me by my mother and grandmother. They had a God-given gift of knowing how to care for all those they came in contact with. My dad was extremely hard-working, but always made time for his children and our friends. He loved people.
At one point during my childhood, I made a decision that I didn’t want to be fat like my Italian aunts. I was bothered by the fact that it seemed permissible for the men to be out of shape (pot-bellied) but not as acceptable for the women. This factor, along with the influence of having a nurturing family, I believe, created my passion and set my path in a direction to make a healthy difference in a positive way toward helping others to balance their lives.
I attribute my success in the fitness/nutrition industry to my mom and dad’s encouragement and efforts to always promote health and fitness by keeping me occupied in sports and all physical activities. I also have a great work ethic due to them. I believe nothing is impossible to achieve with God’s intervention and the power of positive thinking.
- Personal fitness trainer certified through UCLA-certificated program and ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association)
- 3 major bodybuilding titles:
ABCC Ms. Los Angeles (1989)
John Lindsay’s Ms. Natural Universe (1992)
NPC Max Muscle Naturals (1999)
Won Overall title in all three contests
- Coached three clients to winning Overall titles in figure and fitness contests
- Recently obtained certification as holistic health coach counselor specializing in nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Education and certification through Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Worked with children, teens, adults, athletes, the elderly, and various special populations over the years.
- Proprietor/Instructor at aerobics studio (former)
- Competitive bodybuilder for over 20 years (former)
- 20 + years personal training experience
Why our Pasadena Personal Trainers are Better than a Fitness Chain
Let’s get one thing about fitness chains out of the way first. They are definitely cheaper than hiring our Pasadena personal trainer . But does the low cost mean the best value for your dollar? Or do you simply get what you pay for? Consider what happens after you sign up for a chain gym (high end or low end) so you can lose weight. Your initial session with a “staff trainer” introduces you to someone who is barely out of high school. He shows you all the shiny equipment and hands you your personal workout sheet. (It’s actually a preprinted list of exercises, sets and reps with your name on it.) He demonstrates the exercises you have to do but doesn’t have the time to watch you go through your entire workout. After all he has to meet with a few more clients before the hour is up. But you can always consult your personal sheet, which will remain on file.
So you eagerly attack your workout the next day and come regularly for a couple of weeks. You start skipping a day or two since you’re bored with the exercises and have other things to do. In the coming weeks, you end up visiting the gym once or twice a month. You don’t bother canceling your membership because “I’ll go tomorrow” (you never do!).
After a year of this type of “fitness program,” you notice the only thing that’s gotten lighter on you is your wallet.
Compare this with our personal trainers. You have a choice of two experienced specialists. If you’re interested in functional fitness and sports training, you can go to Arun and his private studio. If you’d rather sculpt your body with traditional bodyshaping weight lifting, Sharon can help you at her private training studio. (If you’re not ready to display your efforts at a personal training studio, don’t worry. We have trainers that can come to your home gym for in home personal training – if you have a home gym of course.)
If you can follow instructions and show up to appointments, you’ll get amazing results with With Jason Kozma’s High Performance Personal Training program. We will supply the knowledge, you will put in the work and the results will be spectacular!
Our top personal trainer in Pasadena will help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals
If you’re in Los Angeles and ready to be on your way to the body you’ve always wanted, contact us about our personal training and physical fitness program so we can help you get started.
Ready to start with the best Pasadena personal trainer?
Contact us. The sooner you call, the sooner you can get started on the road to your best body.
Does this sound familiar? This year you told yourself you were going to take your heath and fitness into your own hands. You bought a gym membership for the new year. You told yourself you’ll work out three times a week and you’ve been diligently showing up at 6:30 p.m. You’ve been making an effort, but you’re not seeing the results you expected. The number on the scale hasn’t moved, your clothes fit the same and you’re not feeling any healthier. What are you doing wrong? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Most people who join a gym quit after just three months because they don’t see the results they expect. Don’t let your gym membership go to waste. This is where personal training makes all of the difference.
Here are 7 Tips for Fitness Success:
- Personal training: is the best way to see results and get in shape. Time and again, it’s a proven fact that the combination of weight training, cardio, diet, sleep and stretching is the best way to optimal health.
- Record your workouts: Track your exercise, weights and reps. Try to better your performance in some way each time you train.
- Monitor your eating: What you eat is perhaps the most important component of your workouts. Weight loss success is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. You can’t outrun your fork!
- Mix up your workout: Change your splits, your exercises and your rep schemes. You should perfect your form before you mix things up though. Beginners don’t need to change up their workouts as often as experienced trainees.
- Fix your form: Are you good at the exercises you do? How did you learn how to do them? Youtube? Or did your friend show you? Using good form is critical to getting results, especially when it comes to weight lifting. It is best to hire a personal trainer to teach you correct techniques that can achieve results.
- It isn’t all about your weight!: Your bodyweight is and should be one of many measures of progress. These include inches, bodyfat calculation, overall well being and bloodwork markers. You don’t go around with a number over your head telling everyone what you weigh. It only really matters how you look and feel in or out of clothes.
- Commit fully to your fitness routine: Don’t let anything prevent you from doing your workouts or following diet, etc. YOU are in control.
Workout out with me, or one of my High Performance Personal Trainers and see what a difference it will make to your health and fitness.
When you make a real effort, you’ll see real results.
Personal trainer Pasadena CA
By appointment only
2620 E. Walnut St.
Pasadena CA 91107