I met with a young man recently who said to me: “I don’t think I’m meant to have abs.”…
Really? That’s it? You’re throwing in the towel? Just because it doesn’t come to you easily you’re willing to just give up on it?
Let me tell all of you something –
YOUR GENETICS DON’T MATTER.
YOU ARE IN 100% CONTROL OF HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS.
That’s right. Genetics, past history, what your mother fed you for breakfast MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Don’t believe me? Here’s proof that genetics don’t matter:
I read an interesting article in the New York Times recently and wanted to share it with you. It’s about a story of a set of identical twins who did similar activities and sports as kids but had different workout habits as adults, and how that changed them and their health.
I have shared with you in the past that I was a fat kid. I thought that I couldn’t do anything about it, it was just a fact. Then I discovered regimented exercise. Once I started exercising and made that a part of my life, not only my body but my life changed forever. Now, it seems, there is scientific proof to what I already knew. A study published in the Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise studied pairs of twins where one followed a workout routine and the other didn’t.
The results –
The non-exercising twin showed:
- lower endurance,
- higher bodyfat,
- less grey matter in their brain
- a greater propensity towards insulin resistance.
Researches say that the study results point out that genetics and environment are just not that important when it comes to your health, and that a healthy body and mind is in your own hands. Something I also knew a long time ago.
Here is a link to the full NYT article http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/one-twin-exercises-the-other-doesnt/
Your genetics don’t matter.
The only thing that matters is your will.
Burn the Fat and Feel the Burn
Getting consistent daily exercise is a necessity for our health. Humans were designed to move, so it’s only natural that we stay physically active each day. It is quite unfortunate that people avoid doing so and even go as far as making up excuses not to. Those who do this are missing out on the tons of benefits regular exercise has to offer for both our mental and physical health.
Have you been putting off exercise lately? You can come up with every excuse in the book, but there is always a way to incorporate exercise into your schedule. Below are the most popular excuses people come up with to avoid exercise. Are you trying to avoid pain? That’s your weakness talking. Burn it away!
Weakling Excuses To Avoid Exercise
Excuse #1: Past Failures
People who use this excuse tend to only try new activities once. It’s time to stop looking down on your failures in the past, get up and start moving!
Excuse #2: Time Constraints
This excuse is the most used and especially common for those who like to watch television all day. If there is time to watch television or use the computer, then there is time to do a quick thirty minute routine.
Excuse #3: Lack of Motivation
Why exercise? Well, there are plenty of benefits to exercising which you can read about below. Whether you want to look good, stay healthy, gain energy, or feel better than ever before exercise can help.
Excuse #4: Lack of Energy
If you’re not running around all day, then this isn’t a valid excuse as you increase the amount of energy you have by exercising! Once you start, you’ll notice a huge improvement in energy levels.
Stop avoiding it! You need to fell the burn. If you are reading this article, then you are looking for a good reason to exercise. There are in fact many very good reasons to get started right now. Below are the top fifteen benefits you will get from regular exercise.
The Top 3 Benefits You Get From Regular Exercise
Benefit #1: Increases Confidence
Daily exercise produces chemicals in your brain that makes you feel more confident in yourself. The fact that your body will be in its best condition will also increase one’s confidence.
Benefit #2: Reduces Depression
Exercise has been proven to reduce and treat depression, with much better results than any medications. By completing your workout each day, you will lead a much happier lifestyle.
Benefit #3: Produces Energy
Although a workout may be tiring, you will notice an overall increase in your energy levels. You will not feel tired in the middle of the day anymore and you will even notice how much easier it is to exercise.
How To Get Started
How you can get lean like a fitness model
Have you been stuck with those last 5-10 pounds that won’t come off? Learn from physique athletes on how to get that 6 pack!
There are no “celebrity weight loss secrets”. It’s all about hard work in the gym and discipline when it comes to food. But what does it mean? Another fad diet? Fast weight loss diet? No carbs? Calorie restriction? Days at the gym lifting heavy weights? Bodybuilders, fitness models and the like eat much more calories that people realize. Instead of starving the weight off, which only works for people under 22, the best way to burn fat is to stimulate the metabolism through a regimented eating plan. That’s a big mistake. The body goes into a famine mode where it starts storing anything they do eat and convert it into fat for survival.
Here are 10 tips to jump-start the new YOU.
1. Eat every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism. This will allow your body to maintain lower body fat and higher muscle tissue.
2. Don’t skip breakfast and eat within 30 minutes of waking up. The best breakfast is egg whites and oatmeal. Stop eating cereal or processed fatty foods.
3. Grill, broil and steam your meat instead of frying and sautéing. Choose the leanest cuts and enjoy dozens of delicious ways to make your meals without using oils and butter.
4. Eat fresh and steamed veggies with almost every meal. They not only help with fiber and better digestion, but will also contribute to clear skin and healthy hair.
5. Pick “like” foods to look great. Remember that lean protein feeds lean muscle, excess fat feeds fat; bread makes you puffy, tofu makes you squishy, mayonnaise looks exactly like it does in the jar underneath your skin.
6. Don’t skip carbs. Carbs give you energy, but energy you don’t use is stored as fat. So choose them carefully. Opt for whole grains, traditional rice (not quick recipes), root vegetables, tubers and potatoes.
7. Say NO to alcohol. It’s not good for you anyway, so why drink. Besides, wine, champagne, beers and hard liquor are loaded with sugars (it’s there whether it’s sweet or not) that converts into fat.
8. Sugar free jello is essential to satisfy sweets cravings.
9. Drink 100 oz of water daily. Drink between meals and especially during your workouts.
10. Don’t eat anything within three hours before you go to sleep.
Everyone needs an individual plan to fat loss. Contact me to design a custom training and meal program based on your body composition and monitor your progress.
by Jason Kozma