The good news is that anyone can look great if they set their mind to achieving that goal. The tricky part is that unlike many people think, you have to eat a lot to lose that body fat and grow lean muscle. Because just exercising is not enough. Training alone won’t even get you halfway to being lean and achieving the results you want. Want to know the secrets?
I tell my clients that there is no secret and no magic to a beautiful body. It’s all about hard work in the gym and discipline when it comes to food. Sounds too easy, right?
Bodybuilders, fitness models and the like eat many more calories that people realize. Instead of starving the weight off, which only works for people under 22, the best way to burn fat is to stimulate the metabolism through a regimented eating plan. Most people, especially women, stop eating or try to eat as little as possible when they want to lose weight. But that’s a big mistake! The body responds by shedding muscle for energy and slowing down the metabolic rate to preserve energy. When they resume normal eating, they gain weight even faster because they are burning fewer calories. Now the body starts storing anything they do eat and convert it into fat.
My program doesn’t offer “quick” fixes. It requires a lifestyle change, exercise, good nutrition and patience. But if you follow my secrets, you’ll lose nothing but pure fat and keep all your muscle!
My Top 10 Fitness Secrets
- Eat every 3 hours to speed up your metabolism. This will allow your body to maintain lower body fat and higher muscle tissue.
- Don’t skip breakfast and eat within 30 minutes of waking up. Incorporate oatmeal and egg whites into your breakfast meal and say ‘good-bye’ to high-sugar cereals and waffles, breads, butter and bacon.
- Grill, broil and steam your meat instead of frying and sauteing. Choose the leanest cuts and enjoy dozens of delicious ways to make your meals without using oils and butter.
- Eat fresh and steamed veggies with several meals. They not only help with fiber and better digestion, but will also contribute to clear skin and healthy hair.
- Pick the right foods. Remember that lean protein feeds lean muscle, fat feeds fat; bread makes you puffy, tofu makes you squishy, mayonnaise looks exactly like it does in the jar underneath your skin.
- Don’t skip on carbs. Carbs give you bursts of energy, so choose them carefully. Opt for whole grains, traditional rice (not quick recipes), pastas and potatoes.
- Say NO to alcohol. It’s not good for you anyway, so why drink. Besides, wine, champagne, beers and hard liquor are loaded with sugar that converts into fat.
- For late night sugar cravings, get a sugar-free popsicle or Jell-O to satisfy your desire.
- Drink 100+ oz of water daily. Drink between meals and especially during your workouts
- Don’t eat within 3 hours of going to sleep.
Everyone needs an individual plan to fat loss. Contact a professional to design a custom meal program based on your body composition and monitor your progress.